Shareholders of AccessHolding
AccessHolding is currently owned by ten shareholders, in alphabetical order:
- CDC Group plc (CDC), the United Kingdom’s official development finance institution, owned by the UK’s Department for International Development and based in London
- The European Investment Bank (EIB), a financing institution of the European Union, based in Luxembourg
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank group based in Washington
- KfW Development Bank (KfW), the German development bank based in Frankfurt/Main
- LFS Financial Systems GmbH (LFS), which has founded AccessHolding in August 2006 and which is also the technical partner and manager of the company as well as its investees. LFS is an advisory and management firm based in Berlin, specializing in banking and financial sector projects in developing and transition countries with focus on micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) finance
- MicroAssets, a Berlin-based investment company that has been established to enable LFS and staff of the Access network to invest in AccessHolding
- The Omidyar-Tufts Microfinance Fund (OTMF), a microfinance investment fund created by Pierre and Pam Omidyar and managed by Tufts University in Boston
- ResponsAbility Investments AG (responsAbilty), one of the world’s leading independent asset managers specializing in development-related sectors of emerging economies
- Triodos Investment Management BV (Triodos), a wholly owned subsidiary of Triodos Bank, manages 18 sustainable investment funds
The owners of AccessHolding and the AccessBanks share the objectives and corporate values of the Group as well as the fundamentals of our business model. In particular, they are convinced that providing responsible financial services to small enterprises and lower income strata can be done on a profitable and sustainable basis. They provide patient capital that allows us to pursue a long-term approach in investing in training and building up a significant customer basis.
Furthermore, all of our shareholders place high emphasis on the Group’s corporate social responsibility (CSR). To this effect, they have formulated a comprehensive set of policies for our network banks that includes responsible lending practices, good employment standards, a code of conduct for all staff at bank and holding level, and a stringent social and environmental management system. All member banks of the AccessGroup strive to be recognised not only as excellent financial service providers, but more generally as employers and stakeholders of the highest integrity in their local communities.